AMDeC, LLC brings to its world-class Member institutions the resources needed to promote collaboration, accelerate research and expedite discovery, with a particular focus on cost-saving initiatives. A centerpiece of these efforts is the powerful online platform AMDeC F.I.R.S.T.™, a searchable registry of research resources, including Core facilities, services, and instruments available throughout the AMDeC consortium. By facilitating the sharing of expertise and research resources, AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. also delivers the potential to reduce costs and achieve resource efficiencies, advance professional interests, and ultimately, expedite discovery.
What are the Benefits of AMDeC F.I.R.S.T.?
— Provides a single point-of-entry to comprehensive information on more than 700 core facilities, services, and instruments, providing access to a “virtual laboratory.”
— Promotes and facilitates collaborative research within the greater New York academic medical research community and with the bioscience industry.
— Enhances and extends the research resources available to researchers within and outside of the AMDeC consortium
— Includes information about the products and services for which preferred pricing is available for AMDeC Members through the Vendor Partnership Program.
- Enhances competitiveness for grant funding by substantially expanding research resources and facilitating collaboration, a critical concern for NIH
— Includes information on new instruments and technologies placed in AMDeC institutions through the Technology Access Program.
— Serves as a portal to information about other AMDeC offerings and services, such as the New York Cancer Project DNA Collection
Value for Core Directors:
- Improves Core utilization management
- Optimizes Core facility utilization, thereby helping to recover costs, produce savings and create new revenue sources to fund Core facilities
Value for Researchers:
- Identifies potential research collaborators with specialized training or expertise
- Provides cost-effective access to a broad array of research facilities, services and technologies
Value for the Commercial Life Science Sector:
- Provides access to an existing scientific and research infrastructure without capital investment, thereby helping to control development, operating, and professional costs
- Fosters collaborations with academia, with potential to expedite discovery and commercialization of products